Hours: 11:30am-6pm, Monday – Friday
Graland Country Day School seeks an intelligent, energetic, flexible and dedicated individual who is interested in working with children in our ECLC during the day as well as in our school age Extended Day program in the afternoons. The person must be cognizant of the variation of students’ cognitive, social and emotional needs and capable of responding appropriately to each student as an individual.
• Work with children ages 1-12
• Minimum of two (2) years training and/or experience working in a professional setting with children of all ages
• Responsible for assisting the team in the care and safety of children
• Assist in daily set-up and delivery of program by organizing activities, snacks/meal service, diapering, cleaning/sanitizing, playground supervision, rest time, arrival and departure of children.
• Use positive behavior reinforcement and developmentally-appropriate guidance strategies to encourage appropriate behavior.
• Develop and maintain positive communication with parents, children, and faculty/staff.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining annual fifteen (15) hour professional development credentials as required for the position.
• Demonstrate commitment to the Graland mission, core values, and policies in the performance of daily duties.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and site events as requested by the school.
• Maintain confidentiality in regard to staff, children, and family information.
• Demonstrate responsible, nurturing and professional behavior at all times.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certificates and Other Requirements:
• Lead teacher requirements. Must be willing to meet appropriate Infant/Toddler, school age Teacher requirements/qualifications and provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Department of Human Services upon hire
• Possess a current certification in CPR, First Aid, and Universal Precautions or willing to attain once hired
• Submit and pass criminal background check including Colorado Bureau of Investigations and TRAILS/Central Registry criminal record review as required by the Colorado Department of Social Services within five (5) working days of employment
• Provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing Division upon hire
• Must be able to fulfill the role as a mandated reporter
Material and Equipment:
• Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and general office equipment (computer, copier, iPad, phone, etc.). Proficiency with applicable computer software application (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Multiple manuals such as Colorado Health Department Guidelines, Graland Employee Manual, General Rules and Regulations for Child Care Services and the Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Childcare Rules and Regulations
• Most of work is performed indoors, approximately 70%, with normal noise and frequent interruptions
• Balance of the work day, approximately 30%, will be outdoors, possible exposure to extreme temperatures, sun, rain, snow, wind, humidity or icy conditions and frequent exposure to grasses, molds, fertilizers, dust and pesticides.
• Must have the ability to visually and audibly supervise the children in a variety of situations.
• Requires the ability to stand for various periods of time (15-30 minutes), bend or kneel to communicate with children, engage in activities with children, and distribute supplies or materials
• Must be able to push, pull, and balance
• Must be able to lift/move a maximum of 30 pounds unassisted, and lift/more a maximum of 100 pounds with assistance
• Requires sense of smell and touch
This position requires a current signed Child Care Provider Health Form.
Please e-mail resume to: email@example.com